Friday, June 08, 2007

Yasalsa.com Event May 31 - June 3, 2007

Darlin (of Art in Motion Latin Dancers) and I just got back from visiting the folks in Detroit. They are such a great group of people. The Yasalsa gang brought us out to do workshops and a performance. We'd been trying to sync up our schedules for almost a year so it was great to finally get out there:). I'd been there before with Descarga (Descarga Caribe) and so i considered them all good friends for sure:).

They showed us a fabulous time:P. We stayed with the lovely Laura - people might be familiar with her from when she used to dance with Gordon Neil from Atlanta way back in the day. She is an amazing hostess - thank you girl!

I got to see all my good friends out there (Deedee and Donald to name a few) and got to know some other folks even better. Special thanks go out to Lashena, Shekyla, Jamin, Samer, Nellie, Kat, and sheesh everybody out there. Yay! Glad we finally made it happen:).

The first night we went to Harem and did a nice little exhibition to Apriendo de la Vida (I think that's the name of the song - please someone correct me if not)...which I'm hoping to get a clip of soon to post;).

The next night we went over to a club called the Monkey Bar, hung out a bit and performed another exhibition. Don't know the name of this song but it was tight! Darlin's pick:).

(going to post this soon as I get it converted:))

Our performance was Sunday night and I'm very proud of us. For not living in the same city and for both of us having tons of other projects going on, I think we did a decent job:). Darlin is definitely one of my favorite people to dance with and I love choreographing with him! Yay for D!

(going to post the performance soon as I get it converted as well:))

Laura also caught us doing a chacha...I LOVE chacha..it contends with salsa as my favorite dance often**grin**. This I was actually able to get onto youtube. Enjoy!



I'll be posting the pics from Detroit very soon too:). Come back and check them out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The video is showing sideways :)

LRP said...

Thanks for noting that Jamin:P..Laura was jes being creative! lol...