Friday, July 20, 2007

Adventures to North Carolina and beyond...

Well it's been a minute since I've posted. I've been traveling and my internet connection has been sketchy, hence no new pictures and updates. However! I'm back home now and I've got great things to report.

I went to visit North Carolina last week to see if I'd like living there. There's the potential to do a lot of great things in that area. Will, who I went to Europe with, for instance lives in NC. If I moved there we could definitely do more work together. NC is tons closer to my favorite east coast places than Little Rock for sure and at the very least there IS a real dancing scene there, lol.

My determining factor is livelihood of course and I did get a very promising job offer with a great little spa while I was there. I'm an aesthetician and makeup artist and though I could always go back to my engineering roots, the esthy and makeup work is a lot more fun:). So working at a spa is ideal while I work my own business into an empire:D. So there is all that. I'm still 2% unsure about where I'm moving to but trust, by August Miss Patterson will be taking up a new residence someplace other than good ol' North Little Rock:).

In NC I got a chance to hang out with Betto again from Mambo Dinamico and his new team. I saw some old friendly faces as well and it was all and all a really great treat to hang with them again. Betto's a gem! He's always been sweet to me and I've always considered him a friend:).

Here are all the moments I captured:



p.s. there's even two videos of Betto and others playing some rhythms on here too. You might have to go to the Picasa album page to see them though..

The only wack thing about my trip was that it came the week right before Descarga was in town - they're there in NC right now as we speak actually:(. Yes it would have been great to see my old crew again:)...though I'm not going to lie and say it wouldn't have been hard as all get out to see them onstage without me:). Yes, uh huh, I miss them:).
******************
and the beyond you may be wondering about? On to the next post:)...

1 comment:

Dan O said...

NC is great! I picked it out of the "Place Rate Almanac" in 1982 and it's now my home. I've been all over the US and Europe and it's hard to beat the weather, the opportunities, the scenery, the people, access to great cities, day to day living, med care, etc etc.

You should give it a try! The place you leave will be there if you ever need to go back!